Sun, Mar 19|
North Royalton YMCA
Cardboard Boat Regatta - 2023
Time & Location
Mar 19, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
North Royalton YMCA, 11409 State Rd, North Royalton, OH 44133, USA
About the event
Cardboard boat race! Time permitting, there will be open swim afterwards.
Need Duct Tape? Search duct tape multipacks on Amazon for some great deals. See the rules below for more details.
Open to all Adventure Princesses, Senior Princesses, Adventure Guides, Trail Blazers & Dads
• Boat can carry 1-3 passengers.
• Boat must be made of 1/8 inch wafer type cardboard (typical cardboard box material) only.
No additional flotation objects (tubes, rubber tires, "noodles", etc) are permitted. This will be
• No use of fasteners, sealers or any other materials will be allowed e.g. you cannot paint the
boat to seal it only use duct tape.
• Boat must be no longer than 6 feet and no wider than 3 feet.
• Hand paddling only. Use of feet in the water to kick will result in disqualification. e.g. you
cannot use a raft to do a free-style stroke. If your feet are in the water, likely you will be
• No paddles of any kind allowed. No taping of hands.
• All cardboard must be covered with duct tape. No exposed cardboard inside or outside of boat.
Exposed cardboard will result in not being able to race (this is a cleanliness/safety issue).
• All participants are required to remove the remains of their boat from the premises
immediately after their race. Boats are not to be left in the water to see how long they will
float. The boats must be thrown away appropriately, there are potential fines/fees if
cardboard boats remain.
Do not leave your boat for someone else to throw in the dumpster.
• Participants who have been disqualified are to remove their boats from the water immediately
upon being notified of disqualification.
• Participants are to get out of the pool immediately after completion of the race and carry their
boat from the premises.
• Racers are to arrange for disposal of their boat prior to race day.
• Once the event starts no modifications or additions to boats are permitted.
Contact the OIC, Brent Pagel, at (216) 973-4786 or Robert Wilmink, at (440) 669-2890 for more info. Or you can read more in the Running Waters.